Paris is the capital and the most crowded city of France. By the twelfth century, it was the biggest city in the western world, a prosperous business center, and the home of the University of Paris, which is one of the oldest universities in the world. By the seventeenth century the city was one of Europe’s main focal point of business, design and arts. The city still holds that position as per today.
The city is likewise a noteworthy rail, interstate, and air-transport center point, served by the two air terminals. Eiffel Tower is one of the main attractions of the city and it comes under one of the 7 wonders of the world. It is a cosmopolitan city with people living here from different countries as well as students studying here from different parts of the globe.
Fashion is one of the things that is associated with Paris. Various brands and designers showcase their talent in the Paris fashion week and it attracts a huge number of eye balls. The food is absolutely spectacular here with different types of cuisines. One of the main specialities in the form of food are Crabs and prawns. If you are a food lover, you should definitely visit Paris.
POPULATION OF PARIS IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Paris in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 2 Million
- 2013 – 2.14 Million
- 2014 – 2.2 Million
- 2015 – 2.29 Million
- 2016 – 2.34 Million
Getting from the past data of Paris from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.34 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.068 Million. Hence, the population of Paris in 2017 is estimated to be 2.34 Million + 0.068 Million = 2.408 Million. So, the population of Paris in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 2.408 Million.
PARIS Population 2017 – 2.408 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF PARIS:
Today, the natives of Paris record for 19.3% of the number of inhabitants in the Paris area. The city achieved its highest recorded population in the year 1921 with just about three million occupants. From that point forward, the number of residents has diminished. The normal size of the family units is under two individuals. Most families have just a single kid.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF PARIS:
The population density of Paris is 21,000 persons per square kilometer. After the World War I, the number of inhabitants in Paris initially touched 3 million. After the war many individuals started moving to Paris with a specific end goal to have admittance to vendors and different products that were elusive somewhere else in the nation. The city started to clamor not long after the war and was one of the initial segments of France that started to recover. For remaining of the twentieth century, the population started to decrease somewhat and by the 1960s it fell significantly to 2.2 million individuals.
FACTS ABOUT PARIS:
- In the entire of Paris, there is just a single stop sign, located at the exit of a building organization.
- There are around twelve ghost stations in the city. Some of them are Porte Molitor, made in the year 1923, that was initially planned to get to the stadium at the Parc des Princes. Today, the tracks are utilized as a carport for the trains.
- Amid the First World War, Paris once in a while ended up on the forefront; 600 to 1,000 taxis played a little yet profoundly imperative typical part in transporting 6,000 officers to the front line of the Battle of the Marne. The city was additionally bombarded by Zeppelins and shelled by German weapons.
- The Tour Maine Montparnasse is the tallest structure in Paris at 57 stories. It was made somewhere around 1969 and 1973. It was very questionable, and it remains the main building in the focal point of the city.
- Paris was administered specifically by delegates of the ruler, president of France. Paris was not given municipal autonomy by the National Assembly till the year 1974.