Cairo is the capital as well as the biggest city of Egypt. Its metropolitan area is the biggest in the Middle East and fifteenth biggest on the planet. The city has the oldest and biggest music and film industries in the Arab world It is also the world’s second oldest institute of higher learning, Al-Azhar University. Numerous international media and organizations have territorial base camp in the city; the Arab League has had its central station in Cairo for the vast majority of its existence. Cairo is also famous for its Pyramids and it is one of the main factors which attracts tourists from around the globe.
POPULATION OF CAIRO IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Cairo in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 10.24 Million
- 2013 – 11.5 Million
- 2014 – 12.3 Million
- 2015 – 14.6 Million
- 2016 – 15.1 Million
The population of Cairo in 2017 is estimated to be 15.1 Million + 1.02 Million = 16.12 Million. So, the population of Cairo in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 16.12 Million.
CAIRO Population 2017 – 16.12 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF CAIRO:
Cairo is an exceptionally homogeneous city with not many minority communities. The ones that exist are little and are not packed in particular neighborhoods. The couple of ethnic minorities incorporate Nubians as well as Northern Sudanese, alongside refugees from different parts of Africa. People from the United Kingdom, United States and a few Arab nations.
Arabic is the most generally spoken dialect in the city, though many educated citizens communicate in English, French or Italian. Egypt has an extremely youthful population. 75% of the people out here are less than 25 years and only 3% are beyond 65 years old, makes it one of the most youthful nations. It has an older population contrasted with the national average, with 36% of its population less than 15 years. The city has a literacy rate of 70.8% for people aged 15 and above. While the city’s infant mortality rate of 42.2 deaths for each 1,000 births is quite high, it is lower than the data records of the year 1961.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF CAIRO:
The population density of Cairo is 19,376 persons per square kilometer. It has seen fast growth throughout the most recent couple of decades, in substantial part in light of a tremendous crevice between the birth rate and the death rate. The city battles with numerous medical problems, including unhealthiness, bacterial contamination and genuine air pollution. It has one of the highest air pollution levels on the planet and is accepted to bring about 2% of all deaths.
The city is a case of a mega city, with a population that is growing quickly because of natural growth regardless of inadequate administrations.
FACTS ABOUT CAIRO:
- On the off chance that you live in the city, you most likely support al-Ahly or Zamalek football club. The rivalry is extreme, yet they have the stadium.
- The most usually spoken language in the city is Arabic with an Egyptian tongue. Additionally, a great part of the educated people can communicate in English or Italian.
- The financial hub of the nation is Cairo. Around 67% of the Gross National Product comes from the metropolitan zone of Cairo. The industrialization has essentially spun around materials, food, cotton etc. The service sector is the principle source of work in Cairo.
- The range around Cairo, particularly Memphis, had for some time been a point of convergence of Ancient Egypt because of its key area only upstream from the Nile Delta. However, the origins of the present day city are for the most part followed back to a progression of settlements in the first millennium.
- For about 200 years after Cairo was set up, the regulatory focal point of Egypt stayed in Fustat.