Bangkok is the capital and also the most crowded city of Thailand. The city possesses 1,568.7 square kilometers in the Chao Phraya River delta. There are about 581 elevated structures in the city, positioning number 5 on the planet. Bangkok follows its foundations to a little exchanging post amid the Ayutthaya Kingdom in the fifteenth century, which in the long run developed in size and turned into the site of two capital urban communities.
The Asian investment during the 1990s drove numerous multinational organizations to find their provincial base camp in Bangkok. The city is presently a noteworthy regional force in business and finance. It is a global center point for transport and medicinal services, and has risen as a provincial community for fashion, arts and entertainment. The city is popular for its dynamic road life and social landmarks.
POPULATION OF BANGKOK IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Bangkok in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 8.45 Million
- 2013 – 8.75 Million
- 2014 – 9.01 Million
- 2015 – 9.18 Million
- 2016 – 9.28 Million
The population of Bangkok in 2017 is estimated to be 9.28 Million + 0.176 Million = 9.456 Million. So, the population of Bangkok in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 9.456 Million.
BANGKOK population 2017 – 9.456 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF BANGKOK:
Many people in Bangkok belong to the Thai ethnicity. The census does not ask for race or ethnicity and the city does not keep up data on ethnic composition. There are a few groups in the nation as a consequence of forced settlers and immigration. This includes the Vietnamese, Lao, Malay and Mon. A standout among the most noticeable ethnic groups are the Chinese, who were 75% of the city’s population in the year 1828, which dropped to half by the 1950s. The Chinese community out here is located in Yaowarat, which is also known as the Chinatown of Bangkok. There is an Indian community in Phahurt and an Arab community in Soi Nana.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF BANGKOK:
The population density of the city is 5300 persons per square kilometer. Bangkok has developed so quickly with next to no urban planning. This has paved way to lacking infrastructure and a clearly random format with restricted streets, horrendous traffic and extreme air pollution. By 2030, the city is relied upon to wind up distinctly one of the world’s mega-cities with a population crossing 10 million.
In 1950, the number of inhabitants in Bangkok was 1,360,000. The city has grown by 174,000 in the most recent years. These population evaluations and projections originate from the most recent update of the UN World Urbanization Prospects. These evaluations represent the Urban agglomeration of Bangkok , which regularly incorporates Bangkok ‘s population.
FACTS ABOUT BANGKOK:
- It is one of the world’s most famous urban areas, pulling in a greater number of voyagers every year as compared to Paris. Correct numbers vary as indicated by who you ask, however it is around 15 million guests every year.
- Another fascinating thing about the city is its property estimate. Bangkok has sprawled out, particularly since the boom during the 1980s. Today, it is partitioned into fifty locales with 35 of them situated on the east bank of the Chao Phraya River, and just 15 on the western bank.
- The Chao Phraya River is as essential as like the River Thames is to London in characterizing the city’s geology. The River runs directly through the heart of Bangkok and serves as an extraordinary path for local people and travelers to get around the city.
- Bangkok is acclaimed for its nightlife, brew bars and more. However, in the event that you’re searching out a standout among the most terrific spots to enjoy a drink it must be a sky bar. Sky bars are named accordingly on the grounds that they’re generally situated in high up spots, on the highest points of structures, where they offer breathtaking views.
- Chatuchak Weekend Market is said to be the biggest market on the planet with its 8,000 stalls.
Find Latest Bangkok Population in 2018