Tehran is the capital of Iran. It is the most crowded city of Iran, the second most crowded city in Western Asia. It is positioned 29th on the globe by the number of inhabitants in its metropolitan region.
In the Classical time, part of Tehran was involved by a Median city that in the Avesta happens as Rhaga. It was pulverized by the Mongols in the mid thirteenth century, and remains now as a city in Tehran Province, found towards the southern end of the present city of Tehran. The capital has been moved a few circumstances all through the history, and the city is the 32nd national capital of Iran. The capital is additionally a place for a large number of attractions.
POPULATION OF TEHRAN IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Tehran in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 8.2 Million
- 2013 – 8.25 Million
- 2014 – 8.27 Million
- 2015 – 8.31 Million
- 2016 – 8.37 Million
Getting from the past data of Tehran from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.17 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.034 Million. Hence, the population of Tehran in 2017 is estimated to be 8.37 Million + 0.034 Million = 8.404 Million. So, the population of Tehran in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 8.404 Million.
TEHRAN Population 2017 – 8.404 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF TEHRAN:
In spite of the advanced and universal kind of the city, 75% of individuals living in the city would distinguish themselves as Persian and 63% of tenants were conceived there. About 99% of the inhabitants in Tehran would comprehend and speak Persian. 13%, be that as it may, do have a decent level of comprehension of an European dialect. The most predominant religion is a discipline of Islam. The mean period of Tehran is 31.2 contrasted and the nation of Iran’s mean age being 27.9. Obviously, the older individuals from the city are more focal and in the rich zones in the north with the more youthful individuals all the more ordinarily arranged around the edges of the city.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF TEHRAN:
The population density of Tehran is 12,896 persons per square kilometer. The city overall is developing regarding population numbers and economy. In the year 2008, it was the minimum costly capital city on the planet in connection to average cost for basic items.
In 1950, the number of inhabitants in Tehran was 1,041,000. Tehran has developed by 84,000 in the most recent year, which speaks to a 1.00% change. These population assessments and projections originate from the most recent correction of the UN World Urbanization Prospects. These evaluations speak to the Urban agglomeration of Tehran , which regularly incorporates Tehran ‘s population notwithstanding neighboring rural areas.
FACTS ABOUT TEHRAN:
- New Tehran remains in striking difference to the old city. The format of the roads and local locations is reminiscent of European capitals, particularly Paris. Reza Shah received a framework design for the city in the year 1926. The rectangular arrangement was mostly superimposed over the previous city and totally commands the business and local locations north of Shah Reza Avenue.
- Industry, business, and administrations command Tehran’s economy. Albeit customarily moved in the bazaar, the shops and workplaces, particularly the more up to date ones, are scattered all through more noteworthy Tehran.
- The vast majority of the medium and substantial current firms are situated on the primary transportation courses, close to the fringe of the city. Material plants and oil storerooms are in the southwestern area.
- From the time period of 1920’2 – 1930s, it was basically modified sans preparation, under the control of Reza Shah Pahlavi. Reza Shah trusted that antiquated structures, for example, vast parts of the Golestan Palace, the Toopkhane Square and the old fortress among others, ought not be a piece of an advanced city.
- Amid the 1980–88 Iran–Iraq War, it was the objective of rehashed Scud rocket assaults and air strikes.