Iran is the second-biggest nation in the Middle East and the eighteenth biggest on the planet. It is the world’s seventeenth most-crowded nation. Iran is the sole country with both a Caspian Sea as well as Indian Ocean coastline. The nation’s central location in Western Asia and also its nearness to the Strait of Hormuz, make it of incredible geo-strategic significance. Tehran is its capital and its driving financial center. The country is associated to one of the world’s oldest civilizations, starting with the beginning of the Elamite Kingdoms in 3200–2800 BC.
The country is filled with a lot of sportspersons from various different games. Additionally, Kabaddi is a hug hit out here.
POPULATION OF IRAN IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Iran in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 76.42 Million
- 2013 – 77.45 Million
- 2014 – 78 Million
- 2015 – 78.5 Million
- 2016 – 80 Million
Getting from the past data of Iran from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 3.58 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.716 Million. Hence, the population of Iran in 2017 is estimated to be 80 Million + 0.716 Million = 80.716 Million. So, the population of Iran in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 80.716 Million.
IRAN Population 2017 – 80.716 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF IRAN:
The significant section (89%) of the population in the country is Shia Muslim, 10% belong to Sunni Muslim and the rest are Jewish, Christian etc. Judaism has a long history in the nation, despite the fact that the Revolution and the foundation of Israel has left just shy of 9,000 Jews in the nation. Christians are the biggest minority religion at 250,000 to 370,000. Most Christians have an Armenian connection.
Iran has one of the biggest population of refugees on the planet, having more than one million of them, for the most part from Iraq as well as Afghanistan.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF IRAN:
The populace density of Iran is 48 persons per square kilometer. The number of inhabitants in Iran is expanding at a disturbing rate. This is additionally because of the general population moving from the encompassing nations for security reasons. The number of inhabitants in Iran changed and expanded radically amid the previous years, yet now it is relied upon to drop by 2101 as indicated by the deputy health minister of the country.
It is young population is estimated to touch 14 percent of the aggregate population in the year 2050. The country’s population growth is relied upon to moderate over the coming decades, despite the fact that the nation is anticipated to hit 100 million by 2050.
FACTS ABOUT IRAN:
- In the year 2012, the police chief of Iran declared that Google is an instrument for spying. Also, the Iranian government needs to shape a national Internet that would be under state control.
- In 1953, the CIA was included in a clandestine operation code named Operation Ajax to topple the fairly chosen Iranian legislature of Prime Minister Masaddegh. Consequently, the Shah compensated the United States with a 40% stake in Iran’s oil industry. At the point when the Iranians came to know of the United State’s part, they would doubt the United States for quite a long time to come.
- In the year 1979, a gathering of Islamist understudies and activists surpassed the American Embassy in Tehran. In support of the Iranian transformation, they requested that the United States hand over Shah Pahlavi, who was suffering from cancer and getting medical help in the U.S.
- Amid the Iran-Iraq War, the United States formally upheld Iraq and put weight on different nations to quit offering weapons to Iran. Be that as it may, the U.S. itself was later found to have been discreetly offering weapons to the nation. The subsequent outrage was Iran-entryway, or the Iran-Contra embarrassment.
- About half of a portion of Iran has a dry climate. It gets under 4 inches of precipitation every year.