Ho Chi Minh City is the biggest city in Vietnam. It was previously called as Prey Nokor, a vital Khmer seaport before extension by the Vietnamese in the seventeenth century. Under the name of Saigon, the city was the capital of Cochinchina and afterwards of the free republic of South Vietnam. On 2 July 1976, Saigon converged with the encompassing Gia Dịnh Province and was formally renamed Ho Chi Minh City after revolutionary pioneer Ho Chi Minh. As indicated by the ECA International, the city is positioned 132 on the rundown of the world’s most costly urban areas.
POPULATION OF HO CHI MINH CITY IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Ho Chi Minh City in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 7.2 Million
- 2013 – 7.6 Million
- 2014 – 7.9 Million
- 2015 – 8.22 Million
- 2016 – 8.5 Million
Getting from the past data of Ho Chi Minh City from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 1.3 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.26 Million. Hence, the population of Ho Chi Minh City in 2017 is forecasted to be 8.5 Million + 0.26 Million = 8.76 Million. So, the population of Ho Chi Minh City in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 8.76 Million.
HO CHI MINH CITY Population 2017 – 8.76 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF HO CHI MINH CITY:
The three most common religions in Ho Chi Minh City are Mahayana Buddhism Confucianism and Taoism, which are frequently commended together in a similar sanctuary. The Vietnamese and Han Chinese are emphatically impacted by these conventional religious practices. There is a good number of Roman Catholics (around 10% of the city’s total population). Other minorities include: Hoa Hao, Muslims, Protestants, Hindus and individuals from the Bahai Faith.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF HO CHI MINH CITY:
The population density of Ho Chi Minh City is 3900 persons per square kilometer. The city is one of the fastest growing cities in the world with a good rate of growth in the recent years. With the establishment of many brands and new infrastructure, many people are moving in here from neighboring places for better standard of living and this has resulted in a higher growth of population of the city. It is estimated that Ho Chi Minh City will experience a higher growth rate in terms of population in the near future.
FACTS ABOUT HO CHI MINH CITY:
- The city was named after the Vietnamese Communist Revolutionary pioneer who drove the Vietnamese nationalist development for over three decades.
- Tourist’s are attracted to the city’s notable French pioneer structures wide rich lanes situated in District 1, including the Reunification Palace as well as Notre-Dame Cathedral. The Gothic-styled Saigon Post Office was made and built by the celebrated modeler Gustave Eiffel in the year 1886, when Vietnam was under French Indochina.
Exhibition halls that allude to the Vietnam War incorporate the War Remnants Museum and the Ben Duoc Relic of Underground Tunnels, found northwest of the city.
- Ho Chi Minh City started as a little angling town called as Prey Nokor. The zone that the city now possesses was initially swampland and was occupied by Khmer individuals for quite a long time before the landing of the Vietnamese. Southern Vietnam was offered to the Vietnamese government as a share for the marriage of a Vietnamese princess to a Khmer ruler with a specific end goal to stop steady intrusions and plundering of Khmer towns.
- Starting in the mid seventeenth century, colonization of the region by Vietnamese pilgrims bit by bit segregated the Khmer of the Mekong Delta from their brethren in Cambodia and brought about their turning into a minority in the delta.
- Vanquished by France and Spain in the year 1859, it was impacted by the French amid their provincial control of Vietnam and various traditional Western-style structures as well as French manors in the city mirror this. Saigon had a population of about 123,890 in the year 1929.
Find Latest Ho Chi Minh City Population in 2018