Gauteng is one of the nine regions of South Africa. It was shaped after South Africa’s first all-race decisions in 1994. It is the smallest region in South Africa, representing just 1.5% of the land range. All things considered, it is profoundly urbanized, containing the nation’s biggest city, Johannesburg and other extensive modern areas, for example, Midrand. It is one of the most crowded region in South Africa.
Gauteng has just been legitimately recorded since the 1800s and accordingly, very little data with respect to its history originating before the 1800s is accessible. It is one of the most visited places in the country and it offers you a great nightlife, food, places to see and many more. The people out here are warm and you would not feel uncomfortable. Also, there are some amazing attractions out here to check out.
POPULATION OF GAUTENG IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Gauteng in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 12.8 Million
- 2013 – 12.97 Million
- 2014 – 13.10 Million
- 2015 – 13.2 Million
- 2016 – 13.5 Million
Getting from the past data of Gauteng from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.7 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.14 Million. Hence, the population of Gauteng in 2017 is estimated to be 13.5 Million + 0.14 Million = 13.64 Million. So, the population of Gauteng in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 13.64 Million.
GAUTENG Population 2017 – 13.64 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF GAUTENG:
The average family unit size is 3.33. The region’s age dispersion was 23.6%, less than 15 years old, 19.6% from the age group of 15 to 24 and 4.0% who are 65 years old or more. The average age out here is 27 years. For each 100 females there are 101.2 males. For each 100 females over the age of 18, there are 102.3 males. 8.4% of inhabitants around 20 and over have no schooling, 11.2% did primary, 5.5% have finished just elementary school, 34% of the citizens have had some high education, 28% have completed just secondary school and 12% have an education which is higher than the secondary school level. By and large, 40% of inhabitants have finished secondary school.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF GAUTENG:
The population density of Gauteng is 680 persons per square kilometer. The most recent populace reports released have affirmed Gauteng as the quickest developing region in the nation, with it additionally makes up around a fourth of the whole population.
In the year 2011, the population of Gauteng was 12.8 Million and in a span of 5 years it has alrady grown by around a million inhabitants. As per estimates, Gauteng continue to have a population growth rate of a similar pace in the coming years. The future seems bright for Gauteng.
FACTS ABOUT GAUTENG:
- There are three metropolitan regions situated in Gauteng. You can go to East Rand, Greater Pretoria, Tshwane and Johannesburg. Every municipality has its own particular special view.
- In the late spring season, Gauteng has precipitation pattern. The late spring season starts from October to March.
- Situated in the center of South Africa’s Highveld area, it is profoundly urbanized and a colossally populated area, home to numerous cultural centers and industry headquarters. In spite of the fact that it is the smallest province, it is in any case the monetary powerhouse of South Africa.
- It is administered by the Gauteng Provincial Legislature, a 73-man lawmaking body chose by gathering list representation. The legislature chooses one of its members as the Premier of Gauteng to lead and the Premier selects an Executive Council of up to 10 individuals from the lawmaking body to serve as leaders of the different government offices.
- The weather is generally affected by height. Despite the fact that the area is at a subtropical latitude, the weather is similarly cooler. Most precipitation happens as brief evening storms; in any case, humidity never gets to be distinctly uncomfortable.
Find Latest Gauteng Population in 2018