Ankara is the capital of Turkey. It is Turkey’s second biggest city after Istanbul. It was Ataturk’s central station from the year 1920 and has been the capital of the Republic since its establishing in 1923, supplanting Istanbul after the fall of the Ottoman Empire. Ankara is likewise a critical business and industrial city, situated at the focal point of Turkey’s railway and road systems.
It is additionally known for its pears, nectar, and muscat grapes. Even though it is located in one of the driest spots of the country and encompassed for the most part by steppe vegetation with the exception of the forested territories on the southern fringe. Ankara is one of the most visited places in the world by tourists from different countries.
POPULATION OF ANKARA IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Ankara in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 4.2 Million
- 2013 – 4.4 Million
- 2014 – 4.58 Million
- 2015 – 4.7 Million
- 2016 – 4.8 Million
Getting from the past data of Ankara from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.6 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.12 Million. Hence, the population of Ankara in 2017 is estimated to be 4.8 Million + 0.12 Million = 4.92 Million. So, the population of Ankara in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 4.92 Million.
ANKARA population 2017 – 4.92 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF ANKARA:
Half of the population are under 30 years of age. 88% of the population lives in the downtown area. Contrasted with its aggregate population, the city has the most noteworthy number of advanced education graduates. Around 15% of the aggregate population has a bachelor’s or master’s degree. Turkey’s top advanced education providers are situated out here, which makes Ankara the second area with most noteworthy number of advanced education providers. There are about 240,000 understudies and 18,000 academics in the colleges in Ankara. Ankara additionally has the most noteworthy share, 34.3%, in commitment to logical productions in the nation.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF ANKARA:
The population density remains at 1550 persons per square kilometer. At the point when Ankara turned into the capital of Turkey in the year 1923, it was assigned as a planned city for 500,000 future occupants. Amid the 1920s to the 1940s, the city developed in an arranged and precise pace. From the 1950s, the city grew much quicker than imagined, on the grounds that unemployment and destitution constrained individuals to relocate from the field into the city with a specific end goal to look for a superior way of life.
Subsequently, numerous unlawful houses called gecekondu were made around the city, bringing about the impromptu and uncontrolled urban scene of Ankara, as insufficient arranged lodging could be constructed sufficiently quick. Albeit problematically constructed, by far most of them have electricity, present day family amenities and water. The population growth rate of Ankara has been on the faster side and it is estimated that in the coming years the population growth will continue in the same pace.
FACTS ABOUT ANKARA:
- Turkey invited 37,795,000 voyagers into the nation in 2013, a large number of whom went to Ankara for amazing history and magnificent design.
- Ensure you visit the Ethnography Museum in case you’re in Ankara. It is a historical center devoted to the study of culture and people which was opened in the year 1928. Not just is the historical center loaded with fantastic antiquities, the design is additionally staggering.
- People living in the city enjoy a mainland temperature with dry summers, followed by cold winters and a yearly temperature of 12°C.
- The Central Anatolia Region is one of the essential areas of grape and wine generation in Turkey, and Ankara is especially well known for its Muscat grapes; and its Kavaklıdere wine, which is made inside the Cankaya region of the city.
- Another prestigious natural product of the city is its indigenous sort of nectar, which is known for its light shading.
Find latest Ankara Population in 2018